Sunday, April 17

Weekly Wake Up Call - Aplogize Quickly

This week's Wake Up Call  is to apologize quickly.

Now, if you don't ever make mistakes then you won't have to worry about this one... yeah right. Then you've got the week off. For the rest of us there's room to improve. Maybe there's something you wish you hadn't said. Maybe you've harbored remorse for a while. Maybe you can even apologize when it's something tiny. Saying sorry is something I try to do a lot. It takes humility to put others above yourself, to admit you were wrong, to expose the real you.  I'm trying to think of different ways I can incorporate apologizing into this week.

When I picked this challenge it was because it bothers me that there seems to be a lack of courtesy in the world at times. I overheard a guy complaining that some woman was blocking the aisle with her cart. He went on and on until finally they made eye contact with him.  I was kind of shocked at his rudeness to this poor woman. There are soooo many more important things in life than that! Anyhow, the point is I've decided to be quick to apologize to strangers even if I don't think it's my fault because I would rather over-apologize than promote blatant rudeness. Plus ya just have to feel sorry for people like that.... apparently something's gone sour in their own life that makes them that way. Let's give 'em a break... give'em some love....what is it Carol you use to tell me?... Sugar goes a lot farther than Vinegar.






You may not have a life-altering experience this week,
but it gives you a lot to think about.
I dare ya.
In fact I double dog dare ya....
Let me know what happens.

No comments: