Thursday, October 7

Spider Web Box... Spooky!

What's your least favorite insect?... wait,  that's a dumb question... like ya have a "favorite" insect??? duh...

I know so many people, ok women, who are scared to death of spiders... are you? I can't say I am, but then I do avoid any encounters with them...  and don't ya hate it when you walk through a spider web you didn't see... ahhh.. your arms are flinging all over the place and you're spitting your lips to avoid any accidental ingestion of a trace of a spider's leg or something...

But I must admit the new Spider Web Embossing Folder from Stampin' Up is pretty stink' cute.... here's a great "spider web" box I found on Chick nScratch blog you can make and fill with your favorite treats for those little munchkins that come knocking at your door on the 31st....




Score a 12x12 Basic Black Card Stock at 3 inches and 9 inches. Turn to opposite side and score at 4.5 inches and 7.5 inches. Fold all score lines in and tuck the short sides of the boxes in together. You can just staple them to secure them.

You box front will be 4.5 inches by 6 inches. You can design the front with the embossed spider web in black card stock. If you brush the top of the web with white paint or our white craft ink using your sponge you will highlight or pop the web so it's easily seen. Decorate as desired.

So I made my own version... using the Fang-tastic Set....I improvised on the handle and just used matching cardstock... tell me whatz ya think???? I made some little matching note cards and wrapped up some Fall colored M&Ms to make it extra sweet!!





Doesn't this cute little Dracula guy sorta look like Brayden??? oh dear!

Then I kept going and made a couple more using the DSP Wicked paper...
matches the Wicked Cool stamp set....
think I might offer a "Spooky" class on this set!!







So now I'm working on a Fall Box with matching cards... woo hoo...
these are so fun to make!!
I'lll post those when I finish.

No comments: