Wednesday, July 10

Sugar & Spice (& Jimmy Buffett!)

Nope... not talking about a new Food Network Show or the name of Designer Series Paper... it's my little sweetie Brayden... he's my Sugar & Spice!... I'll get to the Jimmy Buffett in a minute...

We got to have Brayden stay with us this weekend and actually through yesterday... like a mini-vacation! David & Holly dropped him off and then left Saturday morning to drive out to Florida .... and then Don (Grandfather) and Brayden are flying out today to meet up with them (and Grandma D) and have a family vacation in their East Coast Home.... won't that be a blast!

So of course we spent a majority of the time like a fish.... to quote Dorry from Finding Nemo... "swim swim swim, swim swim swim" became our new catch phrase! Our biggest accomplishment this weekend was "dunking"... or better known as "going under".... Grandpa tried to get a couple of shots of us... you get the idea at least! He did really good at holding his nose!



On Sunday afternoon we went to the Jimmy Buffett Tribute 
concert at Lake Poway.... we all had a great time!
Walt and Cheryl went with us too.

We took a picnic dinner... Lunchables for Brayden...
and his favorite of course chicken nuggets (with ketchup!)
Grandpa even let him use his Corvette blanket... sweet!





While we were waiting for the main attraction
Jimmy Buffet Band.... I took Brayden down to the
awesome playground... he loved it...
twisty slide and all!




We went back to our spot in the park and got to
play with the hoola hoops and bubbles that
were provided by one of the sponsors, Sharp Children's Hospital



The music was great and even better was the
shuttle bus ride back to our car.... 
now that was Brayden's very favorite!
Go Figure - and of course I didn't have my camera with me then...
he was sooo excited and said "I never got to ride a bus before!"

Then we got home and had a nice relaxing bubble bath...
followed by cookie baking evening....
Brayden got really good at scooping out the dough...
and making cookie balls....




And better yet at eating the results!


On Monday, Grandpa had the duty while I went to work....
think they had a pretty cool day and kept occupied for sure...
so I'm told they played sidewalk chalk and trucks all day,
watered the garden a few times and of course watched cartoons....

but when I walked in the door after work, here's what I saw...
big boy pants and all:




I think that about says it all.
Grandpa pooped him out!

So probably just about now, they're flying the friendly skies...
please say a prayer they arrive safe and sound...
miss you my little Sugar & Spice!

No comments: