Thursday, July 25

The Festivities continue

Even though I'm on the road with the Goofballs...... I'll continue my story about Convention (I might not be able to text and drive but certainly I can talk and drive).....

OK so where was I ... oh yes... always when we were in General Sessions, they would have Prize Patrol.... everyone had a wrist and and if your color matched what was drawn.. you won! Lynette won the Chak Talk framelits set... I forgot to get her picture we were so excited! But the next Patrol Pat was a lucky winner and got the new bow die cut... lucky duck!



On our way now to the Expo Center to watch Demos and check
out more of the Display Boards...



Once inside we had opportunity to attend mini classes (business and incentive related) and Make n'Takes, and even participate in the Service Project where we assembled the final pieces to birthday stamping kits being given to a local Children's Hospital for kids who unfortunately had to spend their birthday in the hospital.... Here's Pat and I working diligently on them...


but somehow I felt like someone was watching us..... 
(ut oh... we got photo bombed!).... heeheehee


We were able to see Memento Mall where we could purchase new merchandise......  





Give these guys a raise.. they were even willing to
model the colors for us!





This is mostly what I did everywhere I went....




Thursday evening ended with Awards Night and a 24 year Celebration party... several gals were all blinged up for it... too cute.... they had live music, special dancers and games and snacks... unfortunately pretty minimal by the time we got through the doors!....we didn't get back to our room until nearly 10pm....













Do you guys recognize this gal?????


It's Dawn Griffith... many of us use her blog for great ideas and videos...
She was there and won several awards.. 
the most surprising for her was being
nominated and accepted into the Founder's Circle Advisory Board... 
it's a prestigious position each holds for a year..
giving advise and input from customers due to their
incredible successful business with SU....
she was crying all night... 
I got to spend a few minutes talking with her
to let her know how much we all appreciate her and her hard work!

Saturday was the final day.... again a General Session in the morning... more Prize Patrols... and then we went into Breakout classes which were awesome... my favorite was Living a Creative Life... mostly reminding us to be Playful, Adventurous and Courageous... so watch out... I'm going to put these lessons into practice.... (HINT: if you mention any of these three characteristics to me at my next SAS you'll win a prize).....
and finally I won Prize Patrol too!!!
I got the cute Christmas snowman set... 
with ribbon and buttons...perfect!



I'm sure most of you who follow SU know by now about the new product line they introduced during Convention... it's called Undefined... and I'm thinking it's gonna be amazing!

It's a "carve it yourself" kit....comes with carving tool and blocks, rubber and foam to assemble...
they also will give you stencils of some ideas should you want to use...
I think it will be crazy fum to create our own...

Here's wall display of what some of the gals there did already..
it was so popular and crowded that we didn't get a chance to
get our hands on it on the spot.... but never fear.. I've already ordered myself a kit!




I stopped and chatted with this gal from Oklahoma...
asking what she thought.. and she loved it...
she showed me her design....


the state with her stamping group initials IFO...
so of course I asked... stands for Inking For Others....
another group that does incredible work for charities and the needy....


Undefined –Stamp Carving Kit


That evening at the final General Session, there was one last All Attendee give-away at the very end...
We each received the Yippee Skippee stamp set.. what an appropriate way to end the Convention!




And you wont believe who we ran into ...
Colleen from our Crazy Card Club.. she came all the way
from Virginia!!! After the Closing Session we all went out to dinner together...
now that was the perfect ending to the perfect Convention!



Tomorrow I'll post the gob of card and project samples 
I took throughout Convention..
don't miss it!

No comments: