Friday, March 22

Paper Pumpkin Peeps Club

I'm excited about the new little monthly promotion Stampin' Up has started.. it's called Paper Pumpkin! Not sure how they came up with that name... I seem to relate "pumpkins" to Fall don't you??? ... but someone somewhere apparently got their say and the name stuck!

Several of my wonderful stamping friends signed up to have these darling little Paper Pumpkin Kits automatically delivered to their door step each month... thus I began my own Paper Pumpkin Peeps Club.... hee hee hee!!  We're going to meet at the end of each month after we receive our Kits so we can just play together and be creative with the items in the Kit. We just received our first Kit this week, so we'll start our official monthly gathering next month now that we know the shipping and delivery time of the Kits....

Anywho, I received my Kit and wanted to show you the contents... for those of you who didn't sign up, it's never too late... you can hop in any time... and hop out too whenever you want (instructions and link below)...... The Kits are very basic and intended for simple stamping (great for beginners) and also intended for quick creations because they're sooo easy to put together; much like the Simply Stampin' sticker kits.  Check it out:

Here's my box delivered to my doorstep 
(ok so it was in the mailbox).....


A little Welcome note card....


Your first Kit will also include a free acrylic block 
as they want to be sure you have one to go with 
the clear rubber stamps you will be receiving in the Kit...


This month's Kit is called "Hey There".... 
and came with Four pre-scored 
cards in Basic Gray, one Basic Gray Inkspot, 
four Tempting Turquoise buttons, and four 
decorative stickers and background paper 
in Daffodil Delight and Lucky Limeade, along with four white envelopes.


Of course it came with instructions and sample photo of the finished product...


So I spent about an hour playing with the Kit and 
came up with making the cards here... 
of course I wanted to enhance them slightly... so used 
Embossing Folders on the background paper (hard to see here) 
as well as on the stickers.... tied a bow of linen thread 
through the buttons and backed everything with 
matching cardstock before I put it on the Basic Gray card.

All four are slightly different.... yet keep that consistent matching theme....


You can see here too that I stamped 
the words and punched them out with the 
oval punch, sponged the edges in Daffodil Delight and 
popped it up on the card, giving it a little more dimension.


Was such a fun quick project!!


Now for my challenge to the Peeps.... 
first, have some fun making your cards... 
then, send me a picture of your finished product 
and I'll post them all on my Blog... 
Do that and at our next "meeting" you will 
receive a surprise thank you gift from me!!!  
Ya snooze ya loose.... better get to it!

Happy Stampin' Paper Pumpkin Peeps!

 *******************

 Have you signed up to receive your Paper Pumpkin delivered right to your home each month?  I have and would like you to join me.  Click HERE for all the Paper Pumpkin details and please choose me, Gail Reed, Poway CA as your demonstrator.  

Remember just sign up by the 10th of each month in order to get that months kit in the mail.... 
what a fun little gift to yourself!!!

No comments: