Monday, April 1

Not So Lazy Susan & Miss Flibbertigibbet

I must be in the Spring Cleaning mode... well, maybe not cleaning but perhaps redecorating or at least fixer upper mood... seems we have lots of little projects around the house that need attention... could be that we've been at the Reed Ranch for over a couple dozen years now and it' s beginning to show... so in my search for some ideas... I came across the Bliss Ranch blog..... hummm.... it was the name of course that caught my attention... and as I scanned the pages I saw one adorable project I thought was great.. re-do on a Lazy Susan... now mind you, among the gazillion projects we have to work on around here, I have no Lazy Susan to restore or repair or even install cuz we don't own one... so this is why I get nothing done.. I get completely side tracked with "new projects" or ideas...

Don't be jealous of this big beauty, but do be envious of her girth.  Ms. Susan has a generous 20" width.  She gets that from eating pie.


To give it a barrel-top-look they just routered some grooves in the top. Don't be fussy about how wide or how far apart.... character is character...


Next, find a couple of old handles....


 Letters courtesy of  Cameo Silhouette... one of these days I might have to break down and get one...


The inspiration for the wording purposely was not revealed. ......  But if you want to stop over at MissFlibbertigibbet's and poke around, look for a really cool pie sign.


Maybe this is the real reason I was attracked to this.... 


It's Microwave Brownie in a Cup... that's a story for another day!

No comments: