Saturday, December 24

12 Days of Christmas

Every year for the past, oh 18 or so, I've been doing "The Twelve Days of Christmas" with my sister and the Banner Boys..... they get a little gift each day beginning Dec 13th to countdown the 12 days before Christmas. Sometimes the gifts have been "family" focused.. sometimes I've purposely numbered them and make them open "in order" so each person would get something specifically for them... food, or should I say "junk food" being the most popular with Caleb and Noah, like trail mix or licorice.. but think Claire has enjoyed the Christmas decorations and treasures the most....

Well this year, they pulled one on me when I took them their gifts last week... there they had 12 gifts for me!!!  .. so it's been a treat each morning as I open one and think of them and the love expressed in return....

Here's the batch of gifts just sitting there enticing me each morning..



Here's Day One... I received this beautiful notebook...


With the best message written inside...


Day Two was a beautiful pair of bling earrings from World Market...
I wore them to work that very day!



Day Three... I was Queen of Christmas!
And got my very own Tiara!!
too cute...


Day Four was filled with goodies...
Christmas emery boards, Kleenex and best of all
some awesome lip gloss!!
Love it!....


Day Five... some wonderful sock booties... love the dingle balls!
I wore them at Jerry's Bunco Bash that night!


Day Six was filled with accessories to with stamping...
pearls, bling and purple flowers and sparklie butterflies!!

I must admit the cards that she included with each gift was just as special..
All with a wonderful expression of love and gratitude.. xoxoxoxo



Day Seven I followed the Star...
the beautiful Card matched the gift..
a silver star wall hanging ornament....



On the Eighth Day of Christmas... was it a partridge in a pear tree?
No it was some beautiful glass mirror bird ornaments...




On the Ninth Day... it was picture perfect...
because it WAS a picture frame!
Like a shining star... complete with bling!


Now we're up to Ten Days.... and Ten Christmas pencils,
note pads and Santa pen... wish I had opened
them Saturday to use at Bunco night..
no worries, just will use them next year!


And look at this card...
think that's the Queen of Christmas in that Hammock??


On the 11th day of Christmas....
got some wonderful shower gel and a Starbucks card!! woo hoo!!!
And look at the daring box it all came in!


And the last day, the 12th, which was today,
I received a cool herringbone scarf...
and another darling card!!


Claire (and Banner Boys).. thank you sooo much for all the 12 Days of Christmas gifts... it was fun to "experience" what it feels like...
but most of all thank you for being the best Elf ever and expressing
your love and gratitude to me!
You are the best gift I have!!
xoxoxoxo

No comments: