Thursday, March 8

Baby Boy Miller

I miss Lani. She use to work with me a few years ago... actually I hired her as our Research Department was growing a Qualcomm and I needed help.... so I was her "boss" but in reality she was my right hand woman! We became great friends over the three years we were together... She's like a daughter to me as well... it was the time in her life where she was starting her career, was in a serious relationship, got engaged, got married, and ultimately move up to Manhattan Beach where her husband now runs his business... if you will. Pete is one of the top thoroughbred horse trainers in the area... well in the state I'm sure and probably in the nation by now... and it was always fun to hear her stories about his races and the life of excitement she lived being a part of that. If you watch closely, you can see Lani with her long blond hair in some of these video interviews of Pete ... She always said he looks like Daughtry and I agree... I can even recognize her darling little laugh off camera on YouTube

Originally Pete worked out of the stables in north county as the majority of the horse race season is based at the tracks at Del Mar. The next series would be at Santa Anita and finally complete the year in Hollywood Park.... He'd often go off to auctions and sales across the country, finding the best new colts or fillys and two-year olds...  I remember often she'd come back from those trips and the next thing we knew we were making lists of names to name the new horses... that was kinda fun.... She'd always take Opening Day off from work to be at Del Mar when the ponies paraded out to the field, she made a few trips with Pete to the Kentucky Derby or Churchill Downs.... and just as success comes, it takes you places you never imagined... so not long after their wedding, off went Lani to move closer to Hollywood Park where Pete now has his own Peter Miller Racing stables and successful business. So very well deserved!

So it didn't surprise me when a few weeks ago I got an awesome Baby Shower invitation for Baby Boy Miller! I was so excited to hear the great news.. and tickled for Pete and Lani that they are starting their family. The Shower was last weekend.. and of course I took my camera to capture this very special day. Lani's mom Kathy hosted the Shower as a Sunday Brunch at The Beach House Restaurant in Cardiff.... it was a spectacular setting and fantastic celebration....

The champagne and Mimosa's were flowing
from the start...



We even played some very fun games...
guess how many cashews in the baby bottles etc etc...

The gift table was a gift in itself...
Kathy had strung up a gob of baby clothes
on a clothesline over the table...

If you brought a package of diapers your name
went into the drawing for a prize...
I think the gal who brought this DARLING motorcycle
made of diapers should have just automatically won...
I've seen diaper cakes.. but never a diaper motorcycle...
just too cute.. she even had this darling stuffed animal sitting on it...

I tried to get several angles so I could see how it was made..
like I'm really gonna make one of these... right.

Look... booties on the handlebars and baby bottle
for the headlight...

Motorcycle mama.... not.

and of course... someone brought a racehorse rocking horse...
too cute and obviously so appropriate... probably will be Pete's favorite!

Each place setting had name tags and the menu to choose your meal ~
I had grilled salmon with feta cheese in a spinach salad... fantastic!

and of course boy toys to decorate with confetti....

I was asking Lani what they were going to name their little boy..
she said they were still deciding but perhaps
it would be Jacob or Benjamin...
I told her I already knew what they should name him.... Repeat.
Get it... Pete and Repeat...
can't say it will make the list.... oh well I tried.

The view ... it was like you could touch the water it was so close!

This little boy is going to be the best dressed baby around...
someone even gave him knickers and sports cap to
wear to the next Kentucky Derby... adorable!

...and even a baby golfing outfit..  packaged in a little goft cart box!

Naturally I made her a pile of Baby Thank You cards...
you can see she's holding as she looks at the
picture frame I gave her too... Families Make Memories,
along with a blanket that says
Thank Heaven for Little Boys!

This last gift was amazing.. from Pete's mom and sister...
a wooden baby wagon filled to overflowing with very unique gifts...
again, adorable!

Even the cake was amazing... and everyone went home with a bag of mints or chocolate espresso beans... along with a bottle of Almond Champagne!

No one wanted to leave... it was so special and meaningful.
Lani is going to make a fantastic mom... she was just beaming!

God Bless you little Baby Boy Miller (aka Repeat).

No comments: