Saturday, March 10

My Date with Allen

Did I mention what a fantastic weekend I had ... before Lani's shower on Sunday, Saturday I spent most the day with Allen... we had a wonderful time ... just the two of us.... catching up and chatting about all sorts of things.

I hadn't been to Allen's home since before the holidays... so I was eager to see what he had done... he's been telling me about the new ceramics he's made and displaying...

Here in his office.... some of his favorites...










This is his dining room wall display... see the huge vase on the table....

it's amazing close up... this still doesn't show the detail..
but it's made to look really old with cracks and crinkles in it
and even stains in the cracks...




I know he's a good kid... but I didn't realize when I took
this one that the plate behind him ends up
looking like a halo.... hee hee hee....

Remember the "spoons" story I told you about awhile back....
here's his random collection....



I might have shown you this one awhile back...
see the fish he made on this one...
looks like it's going through the plate!
Well, cuz it is!

Some of his art work ~ paintings on his living room wall...

And outside in his patio... he has his own cactus garden!
Love it love it love it!!





After the home and garden tour, we went to Ikea to get a shelving unit he's been wanting for his living room... I think Ikea is his favorite place to shop....We found exactly what he wanted so that was cool.... you saw the similar unit in his office which displays a lot of his favorite ceramics pieces. I don't envy him having to assemble it, but he'll get it done.

After that he took me to Fish Attack Sushi House... it's in Clairemont and apparently one of the best voted Sushi bars in town... it's one of those little places if you blink you miss it... on Clairemont Drive next to Boomerangs.

He taught me the difference beween Nigri and Sashimi and what Tako is (octopus) different than Ika (squid).... I will not eat Uni.. it's sea urchin. Actually I wouldn't eat any of it.. the most adventuresome I got was to have a few bites of the Spider Roll... it's deep fried soft shell crab with avocado and cucumber. I watched Allen eat the Kamikazi Roll or some such thing... it had yellowtail, scallop and something else I can't remember.... no thanks ~ raw fish just isn't my thing. I guess I wasn't a very fun date....

...well except for the part that I paid.. think he liked that.

No comments: