Monday, October 15

Beach Bums

For several years now Jerry and I've been spending a week "living" at the beach... camping that is.. San Elijo State Beach  in Cardiff.... we generally go in September after school has started back up so chances of getting a spot are easier.... but this year, because of Fall Festival, I really needed to be home to prep so we waited until last week to go.

It really was perfect and a great way to relax a bit after all the festivities... and really it is super easy for me anyways cuz Jerry does everything to get us ready to go camping... ok so I buy the food but he does the cleaning and packing.... I also "work" during that week so I just drive in from the campsite.... and come "home" each evening to grilled steaks or BBQ Burgers and a glass of wine or my favorite strawberry margarita !!....This year I did take off two days out of the five we were there and really enjoyed the relaxation.







So on Wednesday Earl and Patsy and Walt and Cheryl came to visit and have lunch with us.... we grilled up some great hot dogs they brought and had some awesome German chocolate cake Cheryl made... yummm!!!.... Terry also drove down and hung out all day which was wonderful!!.. bummer Howard didn't get to make it.. but next time! We did send home some of  David's broccoli salad for him at least!! We all played a round or two of Left Center Right.... (next time bring those $5 bills you guys!!).... Claire stopped by in the evening too to watch the sun set (and also watched us eat hamburgers!) ... it was an awesome day to be with everyone!... and perfect timing too cuz the rain held off until Thursday morning!





I had to go in to work on Thursday... the first morning it rained... 
Jerry obviously spent most of the day inside the camper 
but got this great shot of "the flood" ....


I also took off Friday, our last day there, and had a 
super enjoyable and relaxing time... 
it drizzled a bit in them morning, 
so I finished reading my book I started on Monday.... 
then the skies cleared up and we took an awesome long walk on the beach together...



It pretty much was just us and the seagulls....










But what a way to end the week... ....with a beautiful rainbow promising clear skies ahead!



... can't wait til next year to do it all over again!

No comments: