Friday, October 5

Shabby Ribbon Tutorial

I've seen alot of cards from LeAnne Pugliese with the adorable shabby ribbon...  here's a few:

DSCF8022
 
DSCF8300-001
 
DSCF8353
 
and sure enough... she put together a Tutorial on it too...
 
In these shots, I used Stampin’Up!’s Rose Red seam binding, but I have also used store-bought steam binding as well. (I haven’t tried it with any other kind of ribbon---it needs to be the seam binding, as it is soft enough to crinkle!) Pull off a good yard or so (or more if you want to do a whole supply of it---might as well!), and let’s get to work:
 
DSCF8438
DSCF8435
DSCF8508
DSCF8509
DSCF8511
DSCF8513DSCF8516
DSCF8518
 
You can make as few or as many loops as you want; this one only has two on each side; and trim your tails to the size you want too. I have found that a hot glue gun is the best way to attach them to your project. You can also add a button, brad or charm to the center.
 
Easy as pie!... and alot faster!
 
 

No comments: