Monday, February 11

My Little Cupcake!

We had a wonderful weekend... the best part being able to visit Brayden on Saturday afternoon... he steels my heart very time we're together!

I took him a little Valentine gift... it was a Thomas the Train lunch box and sand pail both filled with treats of course... include one large cupcake with some delicious looking frosting.... now there's a story behind this.. you're gonna love....

Wait...Let me back up... when we first got there Holly was not home, but I could not make Brayden wait to open his little gift.... see, can't you just hear him saying "pleeaazzzeee".....





So we peeked inside the lunchbox and he found some apples and raisins with peanut butter dip, some gummy bears and of course a Valentine card with some little candy hearts to enjoy.... so we let him have the apples and one of the little heart candies....

But in the sand pail there was this giant Valentine cupcake just waiting to be devoured... but again we wanted to have Holly home first so she could see the festive cupcake before it disappeared.... Brayden was soooo patient and sooo good while waiting, but he carried that cupcake around everywhere...


So he first played on his iPad to show me some new games he learned.. of course I was amazed how he just flew through that and knew how to operate everything.... he taught us how to play the games!


Next spent several minutes getting tickled by grandpa....
(I tried getting pictures using my new phone I got
since silly me forgot my camera!!)....






but it always came back to the cupcake and just waiting and watching for mama to come in that front door so he could show her.....


I almost gave in at one point as when he was carrying it around it got misplace inside the container and tilted over..
so we let him open the container to "fix it" to stand back up right. 

Of course that meant cleaning off the insides where the frosting smeared the container... but he still didn't lick the actual cupcake....





See, we're just cleaning the container here.. the cupcake is still in tact...


So got him distracted to set it down and ride his bike for awhile... he loves going up and down the little entry hall at the front door that leads into the family room... here he is zooming back and forth...


Lo and behold mama comes home and walks right in the front door...see....
and there's Brayden still on his bike while she brings in the shopping bags....


He jumps off that bike faster than a lightening bug in June.... so fast that we didn't even realize what he was doing, when next thing I turn around and he has the cupcake out of the container in hand to run and show mom.....

When PLOP... while holding the cupcake the frosting slides right off.. face down on the hardwood floors...
the disbelief and disappointment in his face nearly broke my heart!!!

He's like... what do I do now??
Didn't get upset or anything just kinda stood there staring at it...

and I can't believe I missed a picture of the best part when Dad comes to the rescue and scoops it up with a spatula and gets it clean off the floor and plops it right back on top of the cupcake!! It was hilarious!!!.. kinda gave ya that happy/sad lump in your throat.. didn't know if we should laugh or cry!

But he immediately when straight to mom to tell her all about how he was saving the cupcake for her to see.... it was precious!!!!



Taught us all a good lesson.... that love never fails!
(and Eat Dessert First... cuz ya never know what's gonna happen next!)

the end.


No comments: