Sunday, March 6

WOW - 40 years!

40 years ago today... precisely at 11:00 am,
Jerry and I became man and wife!

And I can remember it like it was yesterday!

I had met him just five months prior, on a blind date! Who would'a known!

I was working at the FBI at the time and I had just transferred to the San Diego Office from Los Angeles to move back home with my dad to help raise my younger brothers and sisters, as my mom had just died that  July. Dating was the last thing on my mind, let alone getting married! But when I started working, one of the gals I became friends with had just been married. Jerry was her husband's best friend and was in their wedding. She wanted to"set me up" with him... so finally in October I agreed to go out.... and the rest is history!

So I just want to say Happy Anniversary Jerry! I'm so grateful that God determined the exact places and time that we should live... to meet... to fall in love... to live a life together and to carry on our legacy.

I love you with all my heart and would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

xo
me

ps I forgot to mention that I was 12 when we got married... hee hee hee



No comments: