Saturday, November 5

Miss You Beary Much!

Oops.. ... sorry I'm late posting today... guess I can blame it on being a lazy Saturday morning.. right?? Don't believe that? ok.. so yesterday I was off work and participated in a Holiday Boutique at a local elementary school for fund raising. I sold several cards, a gob of Make n'Take gift card holders and boxes (mostly the ones with candy in them!), a few catalogs, and nearly all my Christmas themed paper projects. Too bad it was such a rainy day as I think many parents didn't bother coming into the auditorium because of it... but we did get consistent traffic early morning, at lunch break. again right after school was out and lastly when parents were picking up kids from ESS.

There were about 18 of us with quite a variety of merchandise... and I got so lucky as the gal who rented the table next to me canceled last minute, so the organizer let me use her table too.. good thing cuz I never would have fit it all on one six foot table... There were also booths for Pampered Chef, Tupperware, Mary Kay, Cookie Lee, Secret Garden, Scholarship Books, Batter Up Bakery, Jackie's Jams, Selada Jewelry, Thirty One. There was a gal there also who customized t-shirts, mostly for kids which were very cute.. of course she had a Thomas the Train shirt so I bought it for Brayden (shhh don't tell), Cookie Lee also got a few of my bucks and I love my new Raisinberry lipstick from Mary Kay..... ok yes I admit, I spent more than I made... think we were all each other's best customers! 

But one good thing I got about a dozen new contacts of gals who were interested in attending some of my classes... spent the day with a lot of really nice gals, so that was well worth it.... And it's a small world... The Cookie Lee lady was the same one who did a party for Evie I went to several years ago, the Jackie's Jam lady is the same one who comes to Qualcomm every Monday for our Farmer's Market and the Mary Kay lady was a friend from church... too funny.

So please forgive me for being late today on posting... I do miss you beary much and here's a cute card to prove it...

077

There's DOTS everywhere on this card! The Whisper White Cardstock is embossed with the polka dot Embossing Folder and then brayered with Early Espresso.  The Brown dotted paper is from the Berry Blossoms DSP.  And of course there are dots around the oval, on his paw and centers on the flowers of the ribbon.

Here’s the recipe for the bear by Linda Fisher.

Ears – 1/2'” circle and the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack (3/8”).
Head – 1” circle and the small oval punch.
Eyes – tear shaped pieces cut from your scalloped oval punch
Nose – any tiny heart shaped punch, mouth was drawn free handed.
Body – 11/4” circle and the inside of his belly was either the 1” or a 7/8” circle punch.  Either would be fine.
Foot – 1/2” circle punch with a tiny heart for the center and tiny dots punch from any punch that you might have on hand that would produce these.  Example:  the dots from your border eyelet punch would work.

The flower is made with the Boho Blossoms Punch and the stem is from the Two Step Bird Punch.

039 

The inside ~

                    042

Thank you BEARY much for stopping by today
and I hope this sweet little bear helped to brighten
your day in some small way.


No comments: