Monday, May 13

Singing & Celebrating!!

I wanted to officially welcome Melissa to the Club... the 50's that is (well 50+ for me!) ... I had the honor of attending her little birthday gathering that Martha hosted for her on Saturday... it really was a hoot and loved meeting her friends and neighbors...

Martha and I are "big sisters" to Melissa and Claire... our families grew up together.. so being the very eldest (did I just admit that???) I can say I've know them all their life!!! So this is the big year that both our little sisters start a new chapter in a new decade! It was fun to hang out ... Melissa is obviously loved by many!

We had a delicious lunch, laughed (and cried) over her wonderful birthday gifts and cards she received... played Farkle dice game... (yes it cost us each $5 cuz Melissa doesn't mess round).... and most importantly sang to her wishing her the best birthday ever...  of course wouldn't be complete without an awesome birthday cake too, chocolate of course!!!





Johnna (her daughter, along with Anaya who is her daughter) 
and Martha were official cake cutters...
so we had to sing once again for the pictures... 
thus the expressions on their faces...
(take a close look at Anaya.. 
she's like "Hey didn't we already sing.... let's get on with it")


She's really trying to be patience...
(btw she's an adorable three and a half!)


I even resorted to saying "say cheeze".... to get her to smile...
but when I said "say dirty underwear".. think that threw her off a bit!


We played a quick 3 hr game of Farkle.... 
and guess who won???? nope not Melissa... but Martha!!

Doesn't she look happy... trying to hide the cash prize money!




Melissa.. you are such a dear and I do wish you a wonderful
year ahead filled with gifts from God!


No comments: