Tuesday, October 15

Traditional or non-Traditional?

Well that's what I'm trying to decide which I like best... tradition or non-traditional.... but wait, let me back up here. So I told you this weekend I had been pretty busy getting ready for our upcoming Fall Festival... and I did get so much accomplished! . Besides making the two Christmas Shadow Boxes I showed you yesterday, I also had on my "to do someday" list was make these amazing Christmas wreaths made from Designer Series Paper .... loved them when I saw them at our Holiday Demonstrator Meeting in Corona.

So with my pedal to the metal, I started what I thought was going to be a time consuming project ... when in reality I was soooo amazed at how quickly I made these wreathes..... I am SERIOUS... Less than an hour.. done! They only use 6 sheets of 12x12 DSP..... So quick and easy in fact I've decided to offer a class on them... more news on that later....

The first I made was using the Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper with the more traditional colors, Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green and Very Vanilla... also used the new Burlap ribbon for the hangar and accented the bow with the new Stitched Edge Grosgrain Cherry Cobbler Ribbon...





The second is made using the new Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper... a little more flashy since this paper includes foil-accented designs, using Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Island Indigo .. thus more of a silver/blue non-traditional style... I made this bow hanger using some glittery blue ribbon and was going to die cut out some snowflakes but knew Claire would not approve (she's adamant about not using snow Christmas themes since we live in California)... so instead I accented with pearl stems in the center.
  




Tell me... which is your favorite????
Wanna make some?
You'll be amazed at how easy it is!!!

Of course we could go nuts using all different styles of paper..
We could use the Sweater Weather and make some Fall Wreaths or even
use the Witches' Brew DSP for Halloween... what a treat that would be!
Ohmygosh... I just thought about Valentine's Day and Spring themes...
think I'm in trouble now!!

No comments: