Monday, February 20

Cupid Part II

Glad you came back for Part II...

So now it's Wednesday... the day after Valentine's... and I get home, late as usual, cuz this time I did have to stop by the store for groceries... but at least I had a plan for dinner... or should I say breakfast... one of Jerry's favorite things is to have breakfast for dinner... so yep... I started up some hash browns and bacon and eggs.. not very romantic... but at least I thought he'd enjoy it and that he did.... you know they should make perfume with the smell of bacon... gets 'em every time...  but I digress...

Now I'm not the Cupid II in this story... it's still Jerry.... mind you it's close to 7:30pm going on 8pm... when I did walk in the door Jerry said I needed to call David and talk to him as we were making plans for this weekend to keep Brayden (another story you'll see tomorrow)... so I walk over to the phone... which is on the counter where Jerry put all the cactus the night before (and they're still there).... chat on the phone with David... finish up making dinner.... eat dinner... clean up around the kitchen after dinner... go through the mail sitting on the table right next to the cactus... not noticing a thing... (again am I lame or what?).....

THE NEXT MORNING when I'm about to leave for work... back down in the kitchen gathering my purse and things.... I look again to admire my new cactus garden... and what's that??? Something else is now sitting there... I swear it wasn't there on Tuesday... and I didn't see it Wednesday night.. .even though I was standing right there... (Ms Observant that I am).... again something I've been longing to do and not had the time.... another story I have to back up and tell you a little bit first...

You know Allen is a ceramics high school teacher... they're finally building a new classroom for him at El Cajon High (after 5 or so years of promising to do it)... apparently before he was in that classroom, the wood shop teacher occupied it... and had left gobs of wood projects there.. still stored in the cupboards... so Allen had to clean it all up in order to move out of that classroom .... a couple of weekends ago he came by with this box full of wooden spoons... amazing ... each and everyone of them different, made by past students who just left them there... nothing ever done to them... and you know Jerry and his love of wood projects... they were awesome.. so we spent time going through this box of spoons, Allen picking what he wanted first, and then he just left the rest for us to go through... I was ecstatic.... love love love it.. but again... would take time to go through and clean them all up and somehow find how I was going to display them.....

Yep... you guessed it... Mr. Cupid did it.... the pictures just dont do it justice to see the different grains of wood and styles of spoons and sizes and variety... take a look.. isn't that awesome???





Now why I didn't see these the night before, sitting right next to the cactus and phone... probably because I was so distracted and unsuspecting...ok I'll use that for my excuse.

I love you Mr. Cupid and am so grateful God put us together!!

No comments: