Tuesday, August 6

Carmel & Monterey Bay

So the celebration does continue.... We spent a good part of the next morning walking through the shops in Carmel (secretly watching out for Clint Eastwood who is the former Mayor of the town ya know)......

But before we began day #2....
they got gift #2....
books to read in their spare time


One of my favorites... The Cottage of Sweets!


but this Coffee House was every one else's favorite...


Claire is excellent at directions and maps.... 
honestly, I'm not kidding... if it wasn't for her
we'd still be somewhere up there wandering around!!!


couldn't get Melissa out of this shop....


I saw this cool plaque...
Life A-Z
(now I wish I bought it!)


Claire got some darling earrings....
such a gift!



Afterwards we headed up to Monterey Bay .....
wanted to get to the Aquarium...
but before we went there...
spent some time on Cannery Row



One of many "self portraits" Claire and I took:


when I saw these flowers
I realized how much I was missing my stamping time..
don't they look just like our Dahlia stamp????


Finally we had lunch at
Bubba Gumps.... the highlight of my day!!!
I've never been to one and have always wanted...
you'd think it was my birthday we were celebrating!








We finally made it to the famous Monterey Aquarium...
it was fantastic!!!

Here's just a few of my favorites...
of course pictures don't do them justice...
but considering the lighting they came out pretty good!

Of course had to take this for Brayden.. he loves turtles!!


Jellyfish....


Seaweed tank....


School of Sardines


Nemo's cousin... perhaps!



It was a beautiful day too....
couldn't get over the "blue" colors everywhere...
inside and out!



Here we are at he Seahorse Exhibit


Did you know it's the male that give birth to the babies???



This is the very very very most unusual thing I ever saw...
a leafy sea dragon ....



We were there about 3 hours... could have spent the entire day....
but had to get back on the road again and head up to our B&B in Half Moon Bay....


Farewell to Monterey Bay!

No comments: