Friday, January 13

Make Mine a Double!

Hey, it's not what you're thinkin'.... it's about bows... not drinks.... although sometimes making bows could drive one to drink!! But here's a detailed tutorial Created by You from Sharon Field on how to make a double loop bow Finger Tying Method... or for a triple loop, simply wrap the ribbon around one more time (of course if you had one of my bow tying stands my hubby makes you could use that instead of your fingers)
hee hee hee....


4.saleabration_Ribbon

The Double Loop Bow tying technique is a little tricky at first, but once you master it, you will find it a quick and simple way to tie an elegant bow… on your very own fingers! 

Double Loop Bow Finger Tying Method Tutorial
Simple Supply List for the Double Loop Bow:
  • 5/8” Satin Ribbon (a wider ribbon is easier to use when you’re first learning this technique)
  • Ribbon Scissors
  • Paper Snips
Step by Step Pictures for Double Loop Bow:
I work with the ribbon on the spool, so there is very little waste.  I’ll be using my right hand to tie the bow on the fingers of my left hand Smile  I begin by placing the spool to the left of my fingers, and pulling the tail across two fingers on my left hand.  If you are left handed, you will want the spool to the right of your fingers, and the tail would be pulled in the opposite direction… but there the dissimilarities end.DLB1_SharonField
Working with the tail of the ribbon, wrap the ribbon around your fingers two times, so there are two complete loops on each finger.  Here’s a photo of what it will look like… although there is a tail from the spool and the end of the ribbon, neither forms a complete loop…
DLB3_SharonField
Now, spreading your fingers slightly, you will tuck the loose tail of the ribbon between your fingers where the “V” is formed on your hand.  I’m working with a longer than normal tail so that I can exaggerate the photos and clearly display what I’m doing.  In reality, you probably wouldn’t want to spread your fingers this far apart… I’m just trying to make the photo depiction as clear as possible.
DLB4_SharonField
Notice the tail of the ribbon goes down through the V, and back up towards your finger tips.
Next, you will wrap the tail of the ribbon back over the loops on your fingers as shown in the photo below.DLB4a_SharonField

The next step is to wrap and tuck the tail of the ribbon in the small loop formed when you went through the V.  I generally have more involvement from my thumb when tying the double loop bow, but for the sake of the photo, I’m keeping it out of the way Smile
DLB4b_SharonField
Cinch down the ribbon to tighten it… but not all the way….  This is the back of the Double Loop Bow…
DLB7_SharonField
After slipping the double loop bow from your fingers, you will want to manipulate the ribbon to ensure it is neat and tidy on the front before tightening the knot the rest of the way.DLB8_SharonField
Of course, the tail is longer than I would normally have worked with… just because I wanted to be able to show you full detail.  Normally there is very little waste when tying this bow!  Now all there is left to do is to attach the bow to your card… When attaching the bow, I generally prefer to use three mini glue dots (or more for wider ribbons)... one behind the knot, and one just to each side of the knot… keeps it from moving or slipping undone!

Drinks are on the house!

No comments: