Thursday, January 19

Mary Mary Quite Contrary....

How does your garden grow?????

Well mine doesn't.... guess that's cuz I don't spend enough time outside to plant one or take care of it... but honestly I am missing working in the yard! I use to do that all the time when the kids were younger and I was home with them all day... loved mowing the lawn.. but I digress....

I've been thinking of starting a flower garden. Even if it's just in a planter box or a few pots on the patio. Generally Jerry has a vegetable garden each year... he orders seeds from Burpee catalog and gets his little wooden stakes and chicken wire all ready before they arrive and then plants the seeds and waters... of course the most exciting part is watching the bunnies come and nibble away on all his produce... out comes the beebee gun and he sits on his porch swing just waiting for those little critters to gnaw on his cucumbers... wait.. I'm digressing again...

Back to my flower garden... I found a cool website that teaches you all about Bulbs and how easy they are to grow and take care of...... it's called

Tulipa Red Georgette

The site is really easy to use and there are funny videos from three different characters. They each show you different ways to use and incorporate bulbs into your home and yard.  I got a kick out of Marcy the Super Mom.



They have several sections with bulb charts and planting tips, FAQs and there's even a Garden Guru where you enter your home location and it tells you what bulbs are best for your area.... Plus they feature some photos with inspirational ideas...  here's a few:







Go check it out... and check back with me in the Spring...
I'll tell you how my garden is growing!!!
If all else fails, I'll just print out these photos and display them...
I think they're kinda cool!

No comments: