So I just had to share with you so we can make these together!
1. First you need to print and cut out
this template. Butterfly Template .
2. Next you will score every 1/4" on a piece of
designer series paper to fit the template
(4 1/2" X 7 1/2" minimum size).
She says it's best to score a whole strip
or piece of paper before you
cut out the template. This way your scoring tool
doesn't catch the actual edges of your butterfly piece.
3. Trace the template onto your scored paper.
5. Fan-fold your paper as shown above.
6. Drop a bit of Tombo Multipurpose glue
between each fold on the front and the back.
7. Pinch the pleats together in the center,
forming your butterfly shape.
Wrap a rubber band around the center of it.
Let dry an hour or so.
8. Embellish as desired. Try pretty brads,
pearls, buttons, etc. Don't forget to add
something to the back side indicating it's use.
Magnet, pin-backs, hair clip, head band
and whatever else you can think of.
I think I'm gonna go nuts making all different designs...
I'll be sure to come back and show you my results another day!