Thursday, October 21

Shelly's Crazy Card ~ My Twin Sister!

Well you know a bunch of us are in the monthly Crazy Card Club.... and I often like to show off some of our talent.... well Shelly, my twin sister (I'll explain later), created this darling Halloween card for her October submission... as Kendra put it, "It's so Martha Stewart" !!!! Very original and creative... love it Shelly.. awesome job!





So I called Shelly my Twin Sister.. she is.. that's cuz we're both exactly the same age.. born on the same day AND the same year.  We discovered this one year at a church conference... we didn't really know each other at all, but we were downtown at Seaport Village and it was during one of the breaks... several had wandered over to some of the shops for lunch... and I saw this lady holding a Birthday Balloon... well it was on MY birthday too... so I went over to her and said..  hey, it's my birthday too..... so we chatted a while and come to find out we lived only a mile from each other in Poway.. talk about small world! Thus the friendship (and the magic) began....

That was some 20 years ago.... and we've been celebrating our birthday together ever since...  Last year Disneyland was offering a Birthday special.. you got in on your birthday for FREE so ... we did what every little kid wants to do on their birthday... We went to visit Mickey.... and had a blast.... just the two of us!

We got to wear a "birthday button".. so everyone in the park knows it's your birthday...
you'd constantly hear people wishing you Happy Birthday!... it was kinda neat!

Here's a picture of two grown women... celebrating life.



I think we did more shopping at Downtown Disney than anything..
here I found a t-shirt that pretty much described us...


 
To top it off.. I really wanted these Mini ears.... love the bow!



We treated ourselves to an elegant lunch at the Blue Bayou in the French Quarters near Pirates of the Caribbean... hard to get into but when they saw our "birthday buttons".... no sweat!...

 
See they even surprised us with individual chocolate moose cupcakes!

 


So we took this self portrait to record the occasion....
see don't we look like twins????



This is one of my very favorite parts of Disneyland... just to stand and look at this statue and remember Walt Disney and what he's brought to so many people by creating Mickey.. truly when the magic began......

 




And that's how Shelly's and my story began...
we feel God truly gave us a magical beginning to our eternal friendship...



I love you Shelly and am so grateful God has put you in my life!
What a gift you are to me!

No comments: