Friday, October 7

Fall into Autumn!

I just love fall! I love the weather. I love the colors. I love the smells. I love snuggling under a throw and sleeping with the windows opened. And I love the fall holidays with their emphasis on family and gratitude. It's a great time of year.

09_29_11_CF_tour_ (13) copy

So you can imagine my excitement when I saw the new fall leaf stamp set that Stampin' Up! offered this year! It's a two-step stamp set called Gently Falling.

Here's a darling gift bag and matching card made by Gretchen Baron! What a great duo for a special gift for your best friend, sister or mother! I know I would be thrilled to receive this set!
09_29_11_CF_tour_ (10) copy
09_29_11_CF_tour_ (12) copy
Both projects use the following colors -- Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, and Very Vanilla. Sentiments are from two different sets -- Pursuit of Happiness and Grateful Greetings. Additional supplies include the Big Shot, The Ovals Die, the Square Lattice Impressions Folder, a Brayer, the Designer Frames Textured Impressions Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Wide Oval Punch, Quilted Satin Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler and the new Simply Scored Tool.

The Gift Box is a BIG 3.5 x 2.25 x 5.5". You can pack a lot of goodies into this puppy! The front panel includes a piece of More Mustard Cardstock that is embossed with the Square Lattice Impressions Folder after it has been inked with Chocolate Chip ink. That's what makes this incredible texture and contrast -- such a great look for fall and a fairly easy (but messy) technique to do.

Stamp the leaves using darker ink on each of the cardstock colors, cut them out and attach them with Stampin' Dimensionals. The crinkled paper is created by cutting narrow strips and running them through a Paper Crimper.

09_29_11_CF_tour_ (6) copy
On to the card I love the blocks of additional color behind the focal image -- it really brings it to life!
09_29_11_CF_tour_ (11) copy

The colors and techniques are the same for the card as the box. Plus, you can add a little extra stamping on the inside to give it even more interest!

No comments: