Saturday, July 21

Jerry Jerry Quite Contrary!

It's Saturday... and I'm wondering around the backyard... such a gorgeous summer morning! Most often every day I buzz off to work early.... and never really get to tinker around the yard... I miss those days that I use to do that... but really it's my own fault. Generally we say we don't have enough time... honestly it's that we don't TAKE enough time... we all have the same amount of time.... 24 hours in each day, it's just a matter of choice of how we use those 24 hours, right?

Well thankfully Jerry does take the time... the time to keep our yard looking so awesome and enjoyable... and I am so grateful! He loves to garden and work in the patio... he always has a project going or building something or scaring off rabbits... did I say that out loud? Well, anywho... I pulled out my handy dandy little camera and took a few shots on the patio while I enjoyed the Saturday morning sunshine!


Succulents are so popular now...
I think they're great so Jerry's been tenderly growing quite a variety for me!





Allen was "cleaning out" his classroom at school and was going to
throw away this bowl he made cuz it had a nick on it...
glad Jerry grabbed it and created a birdbath out of it!!
love it!


Jerry's favorite... plumeria's blooming so much right now!
And they smell awesome!
We've had this plant for 7-8 years now..
some friends gave it to us when they were moving away
and couldn't take it with them...
we sure lucked out!



love the variety.....


Notice the time... 8:50am....


and notice the temp...


wow.. it's already 70 degrees!
gonna be another warm day in Poway!



very popular spot for bird nests...
we constantly have babies hatching from this one....




....now that's some rolling pin!!!
...and I have no idea where he got that from!


we've had this plant stand since the early '70s...
got it on one of our trips to TJ....
it's been painted and repainted about a gazillion times!


Love the "fish"... Allen made a bunch of these eons ago...


Claire gave this plumeria plant to Jerry last Christmas...
it was just some sticks when we got it....
now look at it... and blooming too!!!


More evidence of Allen's ceramics scattered around the yard....


I couldn't resist getting this darling lazy frog for Jerry...
not that he's lazy... it's that he's getting a well deserved rest after all his hard work!!

 


.. see the resemblance???

I love you hun! 

No comments: