Saturday, July 28

Pearls Aren't Just White...

All you have to do is grab some Sharpie pens... and voila... you have colored pearls.. and bling too! Here's a great tip I found on Andrea Walford's blog..

You can expand your embellishment options by adding color to Stampin’ Up!’s Basic Pearls and Basic Rhinestones with Sharpie markers – giving you a rainbow of colors to choose from!  You could of course use alcohol based markers like Copic markers or Spectrum Noir markers, but these are significantly more expensive.  Besides, Sharpie markers are readily available at most office supply stores (and they are a non-competitive product for those of you that are SU demos and need to think about these things).





I colored my Basic Pearls with a black Sharpie marker, and then stuck one to each of the “popped” hexagons.  If you’re wondering why I didn’t just use a Staz On pad, I did try, but it didn’t work well – the pad is too big in relation to the pearl, and I couldn’t get around the rounded edges of the pearl.  Besides, Sharpies give you more color options.


What was easy!

No comments: