Sunday, August 21

Basket Full of Berries!

Have you ever tried Basket Weaving? I've always wanted to create a flower basket card... and found this darling one again from Joan Norris.... it's a basket full of berries... and here's how she did it...  look at how cute the strawberry is... what a clever idea!

I used Crumb Cake Cardstock (120953) to make the basket. I cut the strips 3/8 inch and wove them into a basket. Then I wove a larger strip on the top of the basket. That one is ¾ inch. I folded all of the strips toward the back after using snail adhesive to secure the ends. Trim the ends about ¼ inch and use snail adhesive on the back of the basket to secure all of the PPA 103 002 end pieces. I used a Sponge Dauber (102892) and my Crumb Cake ink pad (121030) to give a bi t of color variation to my basket. I wove my pieces of Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon (122977) through the top loops of the basket. Tie a knot, attach the ends to the back of the basket, and trim the ends of the ribbon at an angle. I made some strawberries in Calypso Coral Cardstock (122925) using the Big Shot (113439), and the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit Die (117332). The leaves on the strawberry are cut with the 5 Petal Flower Punch (119880) out of Lucky Limeade Cardstock (122926). I just cut three petals off of the flower to use as leaves and attached a strip for the stem.  Strawberry Paper from the Berry Blossoms DSP  (123142) with background paper from the Domestic Goddess DSP (123150).  I cut out 2 sections of strawberries to go in my basket. I used a base of Pool Party Cardstock (122924), and cut a strip of this paper with the Lace Ribbon Border Punch (122362).  I added some pearls for the finishing touch.

Just perfect for a summertime treat!

No comments: