Wednesday, August 31

August Card Swap

Well I did get a few things accomplished this weekend.. while sitting inside with the AC on.. goodness it was hot!... but certainly can't complain when the East Coast is recovering from Hurricane Irene.... that was amazing!


See that awesome Fabulous Florets stamp set strikes again... I used it for my August Crazy Card Club swap ... our theme was "vintage" so I love this bird cage from the Nature Walk set with the flowers from the Fabulous Florets set ...  I randomly stamped the flowers on Very Vanilla card stock using Soft Suede and Sahara Sand inks. On a separate card stock I stamped one large and one small flower using Night of Navy and cut them out to pop them up on the card to give dimension.  The ribbon is also Night of Navy topped off with an Antique Brad.

I sponged the edges with Soft Suede and lightly dabbed it as well on some of the flower centers. I stamped the bird cage in Navy and used Olive Olive, Night of Navy and Bravo Burgundy on the flower stems around the bird cage. Lastly I added the bee and sentiment and voila.. was complete!



I had stamped extra flowers just in case... so with the leftovers I created this very very very simple card... just started popping them up on plain card stock...



and here's the inside.....



While I was at it I also wanted to get my Sisterhood of the Travelling Card Club done too.. August theme was "fun or silly"... so I pulled out my old old old Holy Cow stamp.. embossed in black ink and went to town quickly painting the blue shadow on the cow and of course did the halo too... I think he's just too cute...


I had printed the Holy Cow sentiment on the front .... and on the inside I was going to write .... It's your Birthday Again?? but decided to leave it blank so each member could write whatever they'd like... perhaps will use it as a Thank You card and put ... That was Awesome.. or I'm so Grateful... or some such words inside...


I've been dying to use my new little SU Haunted Halloween stamp sold a'la Cart...  you can't see the great dimension in this photo, but it's embossed using black ink and then colored in the shadows and pumpkin ..... was a piece of cake... or should I say a piece of pumpkin pie!!


I used this for my September swap for both clubs. I dropped them off at the Post Office on my way to work so watch your mailbox this week ... at least, those of you who swap.... and if you don't.. and want to join in our fun each month, let me know and I'll add you to the Club! It's always fun to have new cards to steal ideas from... er uh, I mean fun to have new talented members... hee hee hee!

No comments: