Sunday, December 12

Christmas In the Park

Last night the Midland Poway Train Museum had their Annual Christmas in the Park celebration in Old Poway Park. It was a beautiful night for it too... not even close to being cold so it was perfect.  David and Holly came down and brought Brayden... and we had wonderful time...

Before we headed down to the Park, Brayden got decked out in his new little "My First Christmas" onesie... Jerry gave Brayden some cute little "train" socks for him to wear with the outfit to keep his little toes warm.. they were just too cute....







Look.. it's Rudolph!



What is with babies in cars? The minute we get going he falls asleep...



We got down to the park and Brayden was in awe of all the lights and festivities going on around.... we ran into a couple of people...  Jerry's great friend Walt was down there.. wandering around looking for Sheryl his wife... then I ran into Betty and Rachel and was so tickled to show off Brayden to them!... I was so surprised to see anyone we knew as  it was crowded!!! An excellent turn out for the City of Poway.







There were Craft booths set up selling a variety of items. Cowboys and Train Engineers constantly mingling amongst the guests. Here's Holly checking out the handmade soaps...



Jerry and his other volunteer buddies... they wondered how he got off the hook for the night...
Thought you were suppose to be driving  Santa???? Sorry.. Grandson is the priority tonight!!!



The train was constantly circling the Park... and one special passenger came into the Park by train... Santa! All the kids were so excited. There were carolers in the gazebo and the official Christmas Tree lighting from Granger Hall... recounting the history of Poway. Several were wandering the grounds in festive costumes of the era (105 years ago) when Poway first appears on the map!

Waiting for Santa to arrive....




 Mother and Child!



And here he comes... we see the Engine approaching....


There's Santa and Mrs Claus!!!


.. and there they go... whew that was fast!!
Did ya see him Brayden???



Holly wanted to get a "caricature" drawn of Brayden... so we're waiting in line here... Brayden was more fascinated with the silver garland on the table!


Holly had to just hold him while the guy was "drawing" his photo.. kinda hard to keep him completely still for the ten minutes it took...   I snapped a few pictures and not sure how I got this incredible shot... the light was shining perfectly just on Brayden... you can see Holly in the shadows... amazing!



Thus our adventures at Christmas in the Park!  We headed back home where Holly got some very fun "tickle time" with Brayden... love these shots....









So I showed Brayden the decorations I had put up this year around the house ... first was the little green wooden chair we got for him for the Cabin.. but it was too perfect to use for my decorations.. he'll get to sit in it next year!... see the moose carved in the back panel...


Of course one of my most treasured items is the hand made Italian Nativity scene I've had for several years.. this was actually my mom's and my dad gave it to me when she died in 1970.



Each year after Christmas dinner I'll do "The 12 Days of Christmas" gift exchange... I have these darling stacked boxes that I pre-stuff with fun gifts.. again it's the "draw a number and take a gift" game... I'll show you after Christmas what they're stuffed with!... psssst... Seven Swans a Swimming is the best....



I also have a Santa collection I put up in my kitchen bay window  ... each year I try to get one new one to add.. and somehow over the years I started to include snowmen too.. but the focus started with my Kneeling Santa I got when we took the boys to San Francisco one summer vacation.... it's my absolute favorite.. and the reason for the season!








Of course the symbol of Santa really reflects the purpose of Jesus... both love to give gifts, both wore red , and most important.. both love us no matter what!



Happy Birthday Jesus!



No comments: