Thursday, December 30

Do Not Open Until Christmas

The year is coming to a close and we have so many memories to treasure.... it was the first Christmas with Brayden, our blessing from God... and it was the first Christmas without Jerry's mom, who also was such a gift from God. We miss her tremendously and so wish she could have been here to  celebrate with us.. but we know she is always in our hearts.

Having lost her last January it's nearly been a year. And when sorting out her papers, Jerry came across several sealed envelopes each one addressed to himself, Janet, Allen and David. The envelopes were marked "Do Not Open Until Christmas".  So on Sunday morning Jerry and I walked up to the Poway Cemetery where both his parents are buried and spent some time together.... He had taken some flowers to place, then and there he opened his envelope from her.... it was this incredible poem that we wanted to share with everyone...

My First Christmas In Heaven

I see the countless Christmas times around the world below,
With tiny lights like Heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear,
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare with the Chrtimas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing,

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me dear ones, you know I hold you dear,
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above,
I sent you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold,
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other as my Father said to do,
For I can't count the blessings or the love he has for you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear,
Remember I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

Love you, Mom.







We miss you and love you.

No comments: