Sunday, January 30

Sweet Saturdays

I just couldn't wait for Saturday to get here this week... for my play date with Brayden! We had a wonderful time... he's changed so much now in all the things he is starting to do. Friday he turned eight months old, so he's not quite crawling yet but "rolls" everywhere to get around! And goodness he is so strong! He sits up unassisted too but still his very favorite thing is to stand.. whenever he can... so he loves being in his "Jeep" walker ... I honestly think he might just skip crawling and go right to walking...

At first we just played for awhile in his jeep, buzzing around the TV room and getting his boundaries established!






Then I took him for a walk down Crocker Road to the other side of Golden Sunset... we have many neighbors with horses and various animals... so it was very cute to watch him watch them!

And every time I walk down that way there's one particular home that has a field full of baby sheep... but wouldn't ya know it the first time I take Brayden down there they're not out... but we continued on and found the horses and Shetland ponies.. goodness we even saw the llama... of course Brayden was enthralled with them all.. all he could do was stare and stare and stare.. don't think he knew quite what they were.. probably thinking they were some very large doggies...













After our walk he was ready for his bottle... and of course with all that fresh air he just fell asleep in my arms.... oh goodness I wish I could have got a picture.. but David and Jerry were working down in the garage so there was no way.. but for about 45 minutes he just slept in my arms... talk about heaven!! It was wonderful....

He was up and refreshed and ready to go again.. so after we played and read books and sang songs, I decided to take him for another walk.. this time down the horse trail and around the block...  now that he's sitting up so well it's cool to be able to walk him without putting him in the car seat... he just loved every minute of it.

When we got back Uncle Allen was there....
woo hoo.. so we got to visit too ...




He sat on the kitchen table and played with "daddy"
while I fixed spaghetti for dinner ....




After dinner he sat with "grandpa" on the couch...
like two peas in a pod...




One last photo session before they had to go...








The day went by just way too fast and before I knew it they had to head home...
My heart just overflows when I think of the incredible blessing God has given us....
Good night little Pumpkin'.... I miss you already and love you more.

No comments: