Thursday, September 9

Circle Flowers

I thought I would start out this post with a close-up of the flowers created with "Circle Punches" case'd from Debbie Henderson... ya gotta love this one!



Use 3 different sizes of "Circle Punches" and one at a time, using your "Paper Snips", snip 8 snips around your circle. Then emboss each circle using the "Square Lattice Impressions Folder. Stack all three sizes on top of each other and punch a hole in the center using your "Mat Pack & Paper Piercer". For the center she used the newly retired "Cordurouy Buttons"  but really any large Brad or Button would be adorable. Fluff up the edges of each circle. It's that easy!!

Here's a close up and side view so you can see the layers:



Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Early Espresso
DSP: Greenhouse Gala
Tools: Circle Punches, Eyelet Border Punch, Big Shot
     and Lattice Impressions Folder
Inks: Early Espresso
Stamp Sets: Elements of Style, Watercolor Trio

Short Cut:
Now I made my own version of the circle flower but took a short cut.... I first just embossed my card stock in sheets, then punched out the three different size circles to save alot of time..... assembled them in the layers then I snipped the edges before I placed them on my card. I also preferred using the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder instead of the Lattice Impression Folder.







I made this pocket card for my Crazy Card Club this month... shhh don't tell them!

No comments: