Saturday, August 28

Beatlemania

If you know me, you know that my very favorite music group now and always will be is The Beatles!!! Paul, George, John and Ringo. They were my heart-throb in high school!

Today is the 45th Anniversary of the Beatles one and only visit to San Diego!!! Do you remember?? I do!

The Fab Four performed August 28, 1965 in Balboa Stadium!   And get this.. the tickets cost $3.50, $4.50 or $5.50 each. I didn't get to go but I do remember watching them on The Ed Sullivan Show.

While 27,000 tickets were available for The Beatles' concert, only 17,000 fans turned out for the show. The band's pay? $50,135, just $135. more than the $50,000 the group was guaranteed for the performance.

The Beatles performed 12 songs: Twist and Shout, She's a Woman, I Feel Fine, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, Ticket to Ride, Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby, Can't Buy Me Love, Baby's in Black, I Wanna Be Your Man, A Hard Day's Night, Help!  and  I'm Down.

I thought those were some pretty cool facts... and take a look at this old picture of John, Paul and George taken in 1957..... I don't think they have a clue here what impact they were about to make on the world!




And do these bring back some memories?
 I STILL have every single one of these albums:







Does anyone still have this poster.. it must be worth a mint by now!


I don't care what anyone says... I'm still their greatest fan!
She Loves You Yay Yay Yay!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I was at that concert!!