Saturday, August 21

Favorite Summer-time Recipe

OK so since I promised to include some of my recipes throughout my blogging adventure… here is the very first one of my summer-time favorites. It’s pretty difficult so you may want to get a pencil and paper to take notes….as most of you know I’m quite the culinary expert, after all David went to Culinary School at Le Cordon Bleu, so the nut doesn’t fall far from the tree…. Right.

Ok so back to the recipe… 1) Drive to the Grocery Store 2) Purchase one package of hot dogs (8 per package) and one package of hot dog buns (also 8 per package).. wouldn’t want you to have a melt down like Steve Martin in Father-of-the-Bride. 3) Get your husband or significant other to light the hibachi (those of you more experience can probably do this yourself). 4) Lay hot dog and bun on grill and burn both to a crisp… seriously this is the best way to enjoy the all-American meal. 5) Apply mustard (optional).

This is one of the highlights of my summer… I do love a good crisp hot dog with a wonderful toasted bun on a warm summer night  (Jerry says he'll toast my buns anytime) …. later I’ll be enjoying some burnt popcorn while watching Diners Drive-Ins and Dives.

In case you didn’t get that, I’ve given you a visual here:





Oh, while we’re on the subject of “dogs”….. I wanted to introduce you to Sydney, our Australian Cattle Dog (a watch dog she ain’t). She’s actually David’s dog. He brought her home from the Pound one day when he was in high school; but seems when he left a few years later for Culinary School, she didn’t… but that’s to our advantage as she really is the Reed Ranch Mascot. Thus, a much better “dog” picture:




Hope you enjoyed the first recipe of the RRR Blog… oh yes and Beware.. when you come to the Reed Ranch you could be licked to death.

No comments: