Wednesday, August 11

Sew Glad We're Friends!

I must begin today by telling you how delighted I was to hear from so many of you on my new blogging adventure! Thank you so much for being excited with me and for even being interested! I was kinda like Julie (in the movie Julie & Julia), wondering if "anyone was out there" and would even look at my blog.. so again Thank You ~ I am so grateful !!!

In your honor I want to share the card I made for my Stamp-a-Stack last week... well, it was one of several cards, but this was entitled "Sew Glad We're Friends". It's a vintage type card.. one of my favorite styles, using the Puns from the Past Stampin' Up Stamp Set. This year SU came out with some new Chantilly and Victoria Crochet Trim ribbon which I just adore and some darling Antique vintage style brads... so I used both and copied this card basically right from the catalog.  I distressed the edges of the card stock and picked at the large stripped grossgrain ribbon to give it that Vintage look. The girls loved it.. hope you do too!



Another one of my favorite cards was The Flower Shop card.. I thought it was just darling.. yet another "CASE" card... (Copy and Share Everything!).... this one actually was in our monthly Stampin' Success magazine us Demonstrators receive.. it was featured as an Ice Cream Shop.. but since I didn't have any ice cream stamps... I turned it into the Flower Shop card using A Flower for All Seasons summer flower pots. I made the "awning" by just using my Scallop Edge punch on Garden Green card stock then punching additional strips in the new Early Espresso card stock using the Word Window punch. Once assembled I just scored the awning tip a half inch and folded it down.... too cute!


So that's all for now.. keep those cards and letters coming in!

No comments: